Sunday, March 2, 2014

Butt naturally....Ranbir is her favourite!


Butt  naturally,  Ranbir  is her favourite

Born and bought up in London, Anisa Butt started her Bollywood journey with Shahrukh Khan in a Navratna commercial, directed by Raju Hirani . She recently played the lead role in ‘Baat Ban Gayi’ romancing Ali Fazal and was also seen in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. A drama graduate from Queen Marys University Of London,she has undergone training with Kevin Spacy  and  at London Academy of TV, Radio and Film.Anisa is also a dancer at Flex FX Productions and has performed at Royal Albert Hall London.In a tete-a-tete with Sudha Hariharan.


Were you into modeling in the UK?  How did the Navratna ad come about?

I  was acting in the UK before coming to India. During my schooling I participated in plays and was also dancing and acting with dance companies for some time. In regards to Navratna ad, it’s a funny story. I was recommended by one of the creative’s on Zindagi Na Milegi Doobara (ZNMD), and got a very last min call. I would have to say it was destiny.


You have worked with Zoya Akhtar in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and a popular cast—Hrithik, Faarhan, Abhay and Katrina…what were your experiences?

ZNMD was a very special experience. I had initially auditioned for Kalki's role.  In the end an established cast was put together and Zoya was kind to request that I still be part of the film.  She is a fab director. I would love to get the opportunity to work with her in a full -fledged role. I did not  get to interact with Hrithik or Katrina. However Abhay, Farhan and Kalki were super.

What was it like working with Ayan who won rave reviews for Wake Up Sid?

Ayan is a fab director and an even better human being I believe. He always has lots of energy and is very much there for his actors. Post Wake Up Sid, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani  has been an even bigger hit! Wish him love and luck, hope we work together again.

A handful of films and you have worked with some of today’s top stars—Deepika, Ranbir, Katrina and Hrithik---do you have any special memories/ anecdotes you would like to share?

 It is always so difficult to pick one special moment. I think in YJHD, for the whole cast it was quite a lengthy and memorable experience.  We got to see Manali and Kashmir and really go trekking! I remember when we shot for Balam pichkari Ranbir Kapoor being quite the prankster made sure everyone got dunked in the pool! From the director (Ayan) to the choreographer (Remo)...! What fun it was!

What  is your role in Baat Ban Gayi about?

My role in Baat Bann Gayi is of a very simple girl who is also rather larger than life. In the sense she is a die-hard romantic and just wants to have fun and get to be with her prince charming, at the same time please her bhaiya and bhabi.


Tell us about the film you have finished shooting for in Goa  and your role.

The film is titled Ikka Top. I play Rachel :we still have one schedule  left so cannot talk about the role in detail yet. However she is a fun girl with no qualms, who has a very tomboyish side and yet is very girly in her own way and kind hearted.

You are theatre-trained--- do you still do plays?

Theatre will always be very special to me. It keeps acting skills tuned.I have only done two plays in Mumbai, so would love to do more alongside films in the near future

Are you inspired by any of Bollywood’s actors?

 I guess somewhere, yes, I have always been inspired by growing up watching Hindi films, from Dharmendra to Rishi ji and Hema Maliniji to current contemporary actresses.  If I am to speak of current heroines, it is  really amazing when you see each actor grow. I feel so many today are making their mark with great films and great work that it is hard to pick. In present day I feel everyone from a Deepika...to Priyanka, Kareena, Sonaskshi, Kangna  somewhere they are all at their peak and doing fantastic work. Among the male actors yes, Ranbir is my favourite among contemporaries.

What kind of roles would you like to play?

There is no dream role as such, I really want to attempt different  roles and hope I get the chance to do so and the right opportunities to learn and progress

What are your other interests apart from acting and modeling?

 Well anything movie -related ! Love watching films and plays with friends. I really love music and dancing. I am quite philosophical, so do write here and there and love books.





No comments:

Post a Comment